Every year pocatello has a Monster Truck show. But this isn't just any monster truck show, it is the Monster Truck National Finals... yeah, pretty ligit.
And yes, we got tickets.
This is a pretty big thing in Poky. It was sold out and full of Rednecks. I wish we would have taken pictures of some of the people there.. It was pretty hilarious. Our friends that we went with dressed up so that they would fit in (Or I guess it would be dressing down in this case).
We decided to go all out, so we got there a little early and had our own little tailgate party.
The show ended up being really cool. They started it out with the National anthem, of course, and they even did an invocation. I was shocked! Super cool though.
You can kinda see the track in the flag picture, they started out with a wheely competition to determine the placing for the first round. there were some pretty cool ones. One guy even went so high his truck flipped over backwards. He ended up flipping it two more times by the end of the night. I guess he was getting a new body on his truck, so he was trying to rip it all off by the end of the night. He succeeded.
The actual competition consisted of the monster trucks racing around the course that you see in the all of the pictures. "Lead Foot Larry" in "Bad Boy Big Foot" won the whole thing. I'm pretty sure he won last year too... he's kind of a big deal.
Between the monster truck rounds they did little things to keep us entertained. First, they had a guy in a car (aka Crusher) who tried to jump over the ramps they had made, and knock down the two cars on the other side. Instead he did this....
Between all the other rounds they did super car races. They described this as being "normal cars being driven by normal people who have no common sense." Funny, but true. They had a little track set up around the Monster Truck track for these people to drive on. It was quite entertaining. They asked one of the drivers if he wanted to give a shoutout to anyone and he said "yes, to my grandkids". Ha! I hope I'm that spunky when I'm a grandparent. This one was sponsored by a gynocologist and they callet it the "Guyno Mobile"...
They ended the night with a demolition derby. A girl was driving one of the cars and she almost won... you go girl!
We had a lot of fun and I'm sure we will go again next year. I guess that means we're Rednecks too!
No comments:
Post a Comment