March 14, 2010

Ice Skating In My Car...

Ray had to work today so I woke up this morning and left for church at 9. Before leaving I noticed that it had snowed and decided to take the CR-V to church for two reasons: (1) because it was parked in the garage and (2) it is four-wheel drive and drives much better in the snow.

When moving up to Pocatello we were warned by Ray's brother about a particular hill because he had sild all the way down it in a four-wheel drive truck. We made it all winter and through much worse snow and hadn't had a problem with it, but before I knew it, I was sliding down this hill... (pictures provided by google earth) the road was completely covered in ice.


Sliding accross this road (luckily no cars were coming)...


Running over this sign, spinning, sliding backwards down the hill, and coming to a stop right before hitting the chainlink fence...


I got lucky. The only thing that happened to the car a bent license plate. So I called Ray to tell him what happened and while on the phone another came flying down the hill, similar to the way I did, but he slid through the chainlink fence and ended up on the baseball field.

We had quite a few people stop to see if we were okay, eventually Ray showed up along with a cop, and before we knew it a third car came sliding down the road. These guys were in our ward and were also on their way to church.

Needless to say... It was quite an exciting morning :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow quite the the morning you had! I am glad to hear you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious Dani...I'm glad your ok! I can't picture where this is at though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arent you sooo sick of SNOW!!!! where is the spring time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are okay! That is so scary!

    ReplyDelete