June 08, 2010

Little Birdie.

The other day one of my friends was telling me that a bird had made a nest in her wreath.
I thought it was hilarious because I had never heard of anything like that before.
But low-and-behold, the very next day Ray walked out the door and found this...


The first day there was only one little blue egg, but the next day there were two, the next there were three, and now there are four.


It has been kinda funny because the mama bird (or daddy bird... Ray says the dad's are the ones that sit on the eggs) is very protective and is always hanging around looking out for the little eggs.




I went to take the trash out one morning and the bird was in the nest. It flew away right when I started opening the door but it was kind of going haywire. I thought it was going to attack me.

But you know what, little bird, that's what you get for building your nest on someone's front door!

2 comments:

  1. (this is leslie) this is funny! in colorado when i was growing up every spring we had bird nests in our wreath on our front door, and my mom would always rope off the area pretty much when the eggs hatched so no one would disturb them! so funny. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. Just be careful... one of these times that you open the door it will just fly straight into your house!

    ReplyDelete