This year for our annual "deer hunt girls trip" we went to New Orleans.
And no, we did not go for Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is in February.
(That seemed to be everyone's response when we said we were going to New Orleans)
We learned a lot of cool stuff about the history of New Orleans and we got to see some of the damage that is still left behind from Katrina. And I only threw up 4 times! HA!
We stopped and ate at the cutest little place called "Mammy's Cupboard". As you can see, the restaurant is shaped like a lady and you walk into her skirt to eat. It is a little homestyle cookin' type of restaurant with a different special every day. Basically whatever Mammy is cooking is what you get.. But from what I hear, it is all delicious.
One of the days we drove to Natchez, Mississippi and stayed in the cutest little cottage owned by JoNell's friend Carol. She bought the house for $10 (seriously) and paid however much to get it moved right by her house. Then she fixed it up all by herself. And I mean literally all by herself. If she wanted to knock a wall down, she did it.. herself. If she wanted to build a wall, she did it... again by herself. I couldn't believe it. I want to be like that! It seriously looked like we stepped right into a pottery barn magazine. I got lots of pictures of all the little details (because I want to copy them) but I didn't get any of the cottage in general.
The cottage and her house sit right next to the Mississippi river, which is a stunner all by itself, but the view from her house was unbelievable. She gets to see this every night. I'm totally jealous. None of us wanted to leave.
While we were in Mississippi we also took some time to tour some of the old plantation homes. They were all beautiful, and they all had lots of history. At one of the homes they had turned the stables into a restaurant. We ate dinner there, but forgot to get dessert, and apparently that is the best part. So we went back the next day just for dessert!
We always have a lot of fun. I can't wait to find out where wer are going next year!

That is so fun that you guys take an annual deer hunt trip!! I have always wanted to go back there to visit! looks like a blast! Hope things are good Dani!
ReplyDeleteP.S. i saw your mama at the livestock and heritage day festival, she bought something from my sister's booth!