March 26, 2014

Guardian Angel.

My mom's grandma was her favorite person.. ever. I have never heard her talk about anyone the way she talks about Grandma Jean. Nothing but absolute love and respect is ever spoken about her by anyone. I never really got to know her, she passed away when I was three, but I have always heard the sweetest stories. Through these stories I feel like I have gotten to know a piece of her. It might sound weird, but I feel like I have some sort of special bond with her and at times I feel like she is here watching over me. Like my guardian angel. 

Lots of people say when newborn babies smile it is because of gas. Not Grandma Jean. She always said it was because the angels were tickling them. I like her version much better. Easton smiles all the time. Addie did too. This morning at 6 after Easton got done eating he could not stop smiling. There was even a point where I swear he was laughing. He has done it before and it is the cutest thing. But this time the house was totally silent and I couldn't help but think that Grandma Jean was there tickling his cute little belly.

It is crazy to me how close little babies are to heaven. I love to think about all the things they could tell us if only they could talk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment