March 24, 2014

Easton Ray.

Our little dude is here and we couldn't be more in love. I was induced on March 14 and the whole experience was pretty awesome! When I had Addie, my nurses were pretty lame, my epidural was so strong that I couldn't feel a single dang thing, and the cord was wrapped around her neck so they had to whisk her off to the NICU right after she was born. They took good care of her and she is perfectly healthy (and I am so grateful for that), but this time around everything just went much smoother.


I absolutely loved my nurses--they were so amazing. I could actually feel when I was having a contraction and got to feel a lot more of the birth experience (no pain, just pressure). I don't know why, but it just made it so much better. I also got to do skin-to-skin right after he was born and start nursing right away. He learned to latch so much better than Addie did and I'm sure it was because it was three hours or so after she was born before we got to even hold her. Anyways, my doctor was awesome and everything was perfect. It was a pretty spiritual experience and I now see why some people love giving birth.


I always get really emotional after having a baby, but it is pretty much the opposite of postpartum depression. It's more like postpartum euphoria (or something). I find myself bursting into tears because I am just so dang lucky. I have SO SO SO much to be grateful for. My husband is amazing, I am so in love with him... we have two beautiful, healthy, happy kids... and so much support and love from friends and family. I am so blessed.






But back to Mr. Easton.... so far he is such a good baby. He is a chunky little dude and he eats like a rockstar. He goes for a solid 5 hours almost every night... a-maze-ing! And he is just a happy little dude when he is awake. He has chunky little cheeks and I just LOVE kissing them! I love his dark hair, but it will probably fall out and be blonde (Addie's did) which I'm totally fine with too. I love talking to him... I can tell he recognizes my voice and it is so much fun! Isn't he just so handsome?!



Adders is such a good big sister. She talks to him in the cutest little voice and always worries if he's not in the room. She loves to give him his bink and is really good at sharing her toys (I'm sure he is so grateful for that ;) )

"Look mom, I gave baby Easton the iPad"

"He needs his bink"


So far adjusting to having 2 kids is much easier than adjusting to having 1. Let's hope it stays that way :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this sweet post! Such cute pictures of your family in the hospital! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete