August 02, 2009

We Made It!

So we made it to Pocatello and, thanks to my parents and my older brother Brett, we are all settled in and ready to start out on you new adventure! Here are some pictures of the house :)

- The Living Room -


- The Kitchen -

- The Dining Room/Place where the table fits -
*Thanks to my mom for the cute light that makes it feel more like a dining room.

- Our Bedroom -
*I'm still looking for something to put over the bed..


- Our Bathroom -
*Well.. some of it.

- Guest Bedroom #1 -

*aka "My Mom's Room" :)

- Guest Bedroom #2 -


- The downstairs bathroom -

I am so thankful for my wonderful parents and for everything that they did to help us get moved in. It only took us two days to get the entire house put together. If me and Ray would have had to do it ourselves it probably would have taken us weeks. My dad was amazing and just ran around the house hanging things on the walls, fixing toilets and sinks, hanging lights, and any other random job that me and my mom threw at him. Ray followed him around and helped him and I think he definitely learned a lot about being a handy man :). My mom was so much help with the cleaning and the decorating.. I seriously don't know how I would have done it without her. She is awesome! My older brother Brett came too and he was good to have around for all the heavy lifting and it was just nice having his fun personality around... even though he was pretty much bored out of his mind.

I have to admit that I struggled a little saying goodbye to my family. Moving is a lot harder that I thought it was going to be... mentally I mean. In Cedar I had a TON of family and friends everywhere I went and I definitely took it for granted. I didn't realize it until my family drove away and it seemed so weird that it was just me and Ray.. together, but all alone. It will definitely take some getting used to.

After my family left, me and Ray got ready and went to try to find somewhere to go to church. I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of an emotional wreck right now, but the minute we stepped into the church I felt right at home. It is so comforting to me to know that wherever I am at, the church will always be there and it will always be the same. It is kind of like one great big family waiting to welcome us in no matter where we are and I am sooo grateful for that!

This is starting to get a little long, but to all our friends and family out there, we love you and we miss you... already :)

5 comments:

  1. oh sad! i miss you!!! when i was little my family lived in georgia and all my mom and dad's family was in utah. but my mom told me that is a time when their marriage was the strongest because they had to depend only on each other to get through things. so even though i'm sure it's so hard to be away from your family, i know that your marriage will be blessed :) so just look on the bright side! and your house is absolutely darling :D i bet it was so fun decorating and getting it all together. i can't wait! good luck in idaho girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl... i did not even realize you moved already. I feel like such a bad friend! I miss you already. But your house looks amazingly cute, and i am so happy for you both. I can't imagine what i would be like when i move away from good ole cedar town. You have some room to cry, but you guys will have such a great time there. Anyway, can't wait to see you again and if you need anything let me know :) Love ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, you are so right about the church! What a blessing! Congrats on the move, and your house (and you and your husband) are absolutely adorable!! You are completely likeable and so friendly; I am sure you will find Pocatello...to be ALMOST as great as Cedar. I am a little biased! ;) Good Luck and you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani!! I can't believe you all got it put together so fast! You guys are awesome! Everything looks so cute! You two are going to love it after a while, but I'm not gonna lie I MISS YOU!! Don't worry...I will go make sure Donna is still ok without her baby girl! Haha I hope everything is going well I will call you later this week to catch up. I love ya to death!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani reading your blog made me sad all over again to have moved to AZ - it's tough huh?! Don't worry, in no time you'll get used to it and it will feel like "home". At least you have Ray :) We miss you guys so much, wish we could hit up pizza hut on Main Street one more time! But your house is beautiful, good job you Christensen girls on the decorating!! (and kudos to the boys for their handiness) ps I love your blog! I especially love knowing I inspired your new dedication to documenting life through pictures, and I was extremely pleased to note that many of your pics have been taken via my good photography skills! Good job me! haha, Love you so much Dani, can't wait for the day we see you guys again!! GOOD LUCK and remember, home is just where our husbands are :)

    ReplyDelete