November 23, 2009

My cool parents and their cool projects...

Last month when Ray left to go to the Michigan game, I headed home to hang out with my family and help out at the Cedar Livestock and Heritage Festival. The livestock and heritage festival is this really cool thing they do in Cedar to honor and display the rich livestock heritage they have there. It is a two day hoo-haw with a concert, parade, tractor pulls, dutch-oven cook off, sheep dog competition, and more. It has been going on for about 4 years and my mom has been on the committee from the very beginning. The dream team (My Mom, Aunt Carol, and JoNell) have been in charge of the parade and the sweet shirts that they sell. It is a lot of fun to watch and I think that it is a really neat thing.. I'm so proud of my Mom!

The Dream Team


There is always an entry in the parade that consists of a whole bunch of sheep camps, some dating back to 100 years old. After the parade, all of the sheep camps are taken out to the Diamond Z Arena and displayed for everyone to see. This year, my Dad was so excited to be able to display his newly restored sheep camp, or "cow camp" as we call it (we don't have any sheep). He was given a really old sheep camp that was in really bad shape, and he took the whole thing apart and completely rebuilt it. I wish I had a "before" picture so that you could see the work that really went into this thing, but he pretty much built it from scratch, everything besides that base and the wheels. As you can see below, it is absolutely beautiful, and I continue to be amazed at the things my Dad can do.


Hangin' out...

Me and my Dad

This is my Grandpa's 1956 GMC that we used to pull the cow camp in the parade. I told him it was a cute truck, and he said "it's not cute, it's a work truck." That just proves what a hard-A he is :)

My Grandpa
(John Wayne?)

No comments:

Post a Comment