January 07, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Ray and I arrived back in Pocatello last night after being home with our families for close to 3 weeks. It was so nice to be able to spend all that time with family. Here's what we did....

Cedar (with the Christensen's):
We spent out first week in Cedar and spent Christmas with my family this year. We started out the week with a horse ride. I decided to ride my new horse Marlie--she's still pretty young and she decided to buck me off part way through... Ouch!
Marlie and Me...
The cute ponies we saw...
Later that night we had Hungarian night.. Ray made tons of his yummy Hungarian food and everyone came over and ate. We also did a Mexican night at my Uncle Danny and Aunt Carol's house that was a lot of fun.

And then it was time for Christmas!

Bowling on Christmas Eve...

Christmas Eve Party...


And Christmas...


For Christmas Ray got a Coyote call, gloves and knifes for hunting, plus clothes and all that fun stuff. I got a camera, a band for my ring, some new running shoes, as well as clothes and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. My dad and brothers all got guns, and my mom got a cow. A cute little belted gallaway--also known as an oreo cow--that we named Cookie. It was quite an adventure trying to surprise her with a cow but the boys made it work and it was lots of fun!

St. George (with the Wright's):
We left for St. George the Sunday after Christmas and stayed there for the next week. Like I just said, we got there on Sunday and I had my surgery early Tuesday morning so I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but we had a whole lot of fun.

The boys decided to go buy "Band Hero" on Monday so that was pretty much the entertainment of the week. The boys were addicted, and all the little neices and nephews had a lot of fun with it too.

All the brothers and us wives (minus Russ and Denise... we missed you guys) got a chance to sneak away from the kids for a minute and we went and saw Sherlock Holmes. We also did a girls lunch, played lots of games, and celebrated the New Year at Ron and Annica's house. Ron cooked lots of yummy food and we had a lot of fun.

The next day all the girls got together and Kailee taught us how to make material flowers. Most of us made them for our hair, but Mindi made a necklace that turned out really cute. Here are the ones I made...



The next day we took all of the kids to Cedar and took them to the farm to ride horses and pet one of the baby cows. Everyone had a lot of fun except for Kaitlyn... she was allergic and her poor eye swole up like a balloon.

Kaitlyn's Eye...


We had loads of fun and it was nice having such a long break, but now its time for us to buckle down and get back to school... Lame!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a good Christmas. You got a band for your ring? I can't wait to see it! And I love the flowers. You will have to show me how. I have made some of those but definitely not that intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we had gotten together over Christmas, so glad we did over Thanksgiving! So glad you're feeling better too, jeez you're good for life-you've proven you're tough! And I'm pretty sure you and Ray would ADORE our new pup, I'm also pretty sure you should look into getting one! He's SO EASY!! Not to mention sweet and mellow and happy... Ray can't complain about that right?!

    ReplyDelete