My parents came up this weekend to help us work on Miss Addie's room.
(for those of you who don't know, we are naming our little girl Adelaide -- Addie for short)
(for those of you who don't know, we are naming our little girl Adelaide -- Addie for short)
Anyways, my grandma is making the bedding and it isn't quite done yet, and there were a couple of other little details that we couldn't finish just yet..... So, it isn't all the way done...
But what we have done so far is absolutely fabulous!
I am in LOVE!! And I am way too excited not to share. So here is a little sneak peak :)
But first I have to give a little shout-out to the people behind the scenes. Without whom this room would never have been possible.
(1) My Mom: The creative mastermind and financier (she really is a genius at decorating)
(2) My Dad: The painter, carpenter, engineer, and a whole bunch of other stuff (he does it all)
(3) My Grandma: The master quilter (she has been working her tail off and Addie's bedding will definitely be one-of-a-kind)
We, of course, had to start out with a lot of this....
Painting.
Blinging.
(We "blingged" out a lamp as well but I never got a picture of us in the action, but it is shown below.)
Hanging.
Putting together, and moving.
Even though my dad did most of the work, Ray was exhausted just from watching him. Poor guy.
Here is what we have done so far.
And yes, we meant for everything to be cream.
We are going for a shabby chic/simple elegance look.
I had to clarify this because the boys didn't understand.
But once we have the bedding and our other little details done (like filling in the frames, and putting more stuff on the shelf) there will be more color.
I seriously LOVE it.
Miss Addie is such a lucky little girl to have such fabulous grandparents who take the time to make her such beautiful room!
More pictures to come when the room is all the way finished.






So cute I love it! And us girls know it will look even more fabulous when the final touches are put into place. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteit is SO CUTE!! I am in love with it! I'm so excited to see that little girl. Wish I could meet her in person! And adelaide is the best name ever. Good choice. Hope you're feeling good! You sure look cute prego :)
ReplyDeleteDARLING!!! :) i love it dani!
ReplyDeleteCan i come live there! Its absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky little girl! :) Good job to you all!
ReplyDeleteCute Dani! That's nice your mom does that for you! Did your dad make the crib? That's impressive haha I wouldn't even know where to begin making stuff like that
ReplyDeletedani this is DARLING! I am in love with her furniture and chandelier. i've been looking for a chandelier for izzy's room to spray paint.
ReplyDeletethis is just adorable i can't wait to see little addie!
Send those amazing grandparents my way and have them do a total make over of my house! So cute!! We are excited for sweet little Addie to come!! P.S. You think Ray looks tired now? Wait till she is delivered. I always ask myself who delivered me or Russ. :)
ReplyDelete