In January I got to go to on a little girls trip to Georgia. Brett was still at basic and we figured that we needed to go visit before he left. It was such a fun trip and I absolutely fell in LOVE with Georgia. We spent a couple days in Charleston, SC and a couple days in Savannah, GA. Both are such pretty cities. Seriously, they really are pretty. The houses are all beautiful and there is just tons of heritage and culture. If anyone is ever looking for a fun place to vacation, I would definitely recommend this. And a ghost tour is an absolute must. They are so fun! Oh and make sure to get some fried green tomatoes... yum!
I totally regret not taking more pictures. Most of the pictures I took don't even have us in them, but here are a few, nonetheless.
This is a picture of the Colonial Park Cemetery in Savannah. During the civil war a bunch of soldiers stayed in this cemetery. They got a little bored so they would change dates and stuff on the headstones. When we walked around we saw one that said the guy was 700 years old. Another said the person had 90 kids. It was pretty cool.
This next one is the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. As you can see, it is pretty stunning.
This next one we just happened to pass on some random road. Brett was driving and the rest of us were sleeping. When he saw this he yelled "Mater!", slammed on the brakes, and pulled over so he could get a picture. It woke us all up pretty quick and once we figured out what all the commotion was about we got a pretty good laugh. We sure do love ya Brett!
We saw so many more cool things that and ate at lots of yummy restaurants. I'm such a dummy for not taking more pictures, but it really was a super fun trip! Thanks Mom and Grandma for letting me come along!

No comments:
Post a Comment