September 08, 2011

Who knew?

I never really knew my Grandma Jean, actually she was my great grandma, my mom's grandma. She died when I was three. But my mom sure loved her, and from the stories I hear she was just an all around neat lady. One of my favorite stories that my mom tells is from when one of us kids was born. I don't remember exactly, but I'm assuming it was my older brother, Brett. Anyways, when he was born my Grandma Jean was holding Brett in her arms and she looked at my mom and said,

"Did you know you could ever love anything so much?"

I sure didn't, but I certainly do now.
It is unbelievable!
I am so in love with this little girl.



She also used to say that when babies smile it is because the angel's are tickling them.
Most people will tell you it's gas, but I agree with my Grandma. It is definitely angels.

On another note.
Addie is not a good sleeper. She wakes up several times in the night for her binkie. We've asked people for advice on what to do and everyone says to let her cry it out. So I tried the cry-it-out method last night. 
It is hard.
After about 40 minutes I caved. (I know... pathetic)
I unwrapped her and she put her little arms in the air.
When I picked her up, she hugged me tight.
Ahhh.... She still loves me.
And my heart melted.

2 comments:

  1. Addie is such a cute little girl!! That would be hard to see them sad! Tyson's wife Kyndall swears by the book "The baby whisperer solves all your problems".. or something like that. They have a 5 month old and he has been sleeping through the night for a good month or so now since she read that book.. Just an idea! Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the cry-out method is hard! I have been doing it for the past three nights. I have to put my ipod in so I can't hear him scream, otherwise I can't take listening to him scream for so long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete