July 05, 2012

Our first 4th in Pocatello.

This is the first year since we have been married that we haven't gone to Delta with Ray's family for the 4th of July.
I absolutely love going to Delta, but since we have been in Pocatello, we have heard all sorts of stories about the 4th of July in Idaho Falls. Apparently they have the best firework show this side of the Mississippi. So I was kind of excited to see it one time before we move.
We made plans to meet up with some friends and check out all the festivities. I had this image in my head of all the fun pictures I was going to take full of stars and stripes and happy babies. Instead, Addie woke up with a 102 degree fever and a mouth full of teeth trying to push their way out... so we had to bail on Idaho Falls.

We decided to stay in Pocatello and we went over to a barbecue with some friends.
The food was delicious and the company was excellent.
We had a lot of fun, but my pictures didn't turn out quite like I had planned.
Instead of stars and stripes and happy babies, I got these....
Poor thing.


She did get some relief from her raisins and popsicles. Lots and lots of popsicles.


And we did manage to get one smile (a very creepy vampirey smile, but a smile nonetheless) at the end of the night. Notice her sticky-blueness from all the popsicles.


In conclusion, I  only have three things to say:

#1 Dear teeth, please hurry up so my sweet little girl can quit hurting and I can have my happy baby back.

#2 We are really looking forward to a full mouth of teeth and the 4th of July with the Wrights again next year.

#3 Thank you to our awesome friends for letting us come crash your party.


2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree, the fire works are amazing in Idaho Falls. They had 1800 go off, and the best place to see them is right next to the river :)Hope Addie gets feelin' better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best dressed little girl! She's a doll, cutest family.

    ReplyDelete