April 21, 2011

Addie Pants (Round II)

Like Ray said, our little miss Addie finally graced us with her presence on Tuesday.
She had a bit of a rough start. When the doctor broke my water it was green instead of clear. Meaning that she pooped in the womb. This is called Meconium. She said it happens a lot when babies are overdue, and they just had to watch her really close to make sure she didn't swallow any during delivery. She also had her cord wrapped around her neck but it wasn't tight enough to cause any problems until she came out--then it made it a little hard for her to breathe. We had amazing doctors, though and they took really good care of her. She did have to be rushed off to the NICU for about 3 hours right after, but now everything looks fabulous!

She is such a good baby! She sleeps ALOT which the doctor says probably won't last but we'll take it while we can. In fact, she basically slept through the night last night. It is unbelievable the things we have to do just so she'll wake up and eat. Such a funny little girl! She already rocks our world!

My part of the delivery was pretty easy. At first the epidural was only working on one side so the anesthesiologist kept pumping me with more stuff. By the time she was ready to come out I was completely numb. The doctors were joking that I could have laughed the baby out. I seriously probably could have. But I did rip in a few different places so I'm really sore now. I guess that's the trade off I get.

  Ray is such a cute dad. I seriously just love watching him with her! And I am so so grateful for my parents and all the help they've been. I honestly don't know what I would have done without my mommy! Addie was born on their 25th wedding anniversary which was kinda fun!

Here are some more pics... enjoy!




Grandma Donna...



Grandpa Keith...



Getting her ready to take home...



So tiny...



5 comments:

  1. SO cute!!!!! Can't wait to see her. Love the "take-home" bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani she is adorable!! Congrats again! I am so excited for you guys! And I'm glad she is doing better after that rough start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous! I can't wait to love her and kiss her! Congratulations! Love you guys! (mindi)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she is here! What an amazing thing.. seems so serial. Anyway.. this post brought tears to my eyes.. I guess it doesnt take much these days to do that. She is beautiful! Such cute parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DANI! I can't believe how much she looks like you! She is the cutest baby! Babies are the best thing...even when they are up in the wee hours of the night! I am glad all went well with the labor...considering the possibilities and all. Hopefully I will get to see her in person! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete