We decided to fly home after our trip to Cedar. Allegiant air offers some pretty cheap tickets from Las Vegas to Idaho Falls so we went for it. I figured it was better than a nine hour car ride. And it was.
This was Addie's first time on a plane, and my first time flying with a little one. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. If it wasn't for the nice lady behind me, I probably would have broken into tears. But I did learn a lot of things and I think it will be easier next time.
The plane ride itself wasn't bad at all. It was only about an hour and a half and Addie slept most of the way. The only reason she didn't sleep the whole way is because I woke her up. Let's just say she was in desperate need of a diaper change. And let's also say that they certainly don't make those airplane bathrooms diaper changing friendly.
Anyways, here are my sad attempts at getting pictures of her first plane ride...
I kept shoving the binky in her mouth because I didn't want it to hurt her ears. And she kept spitting it out. I'm sure it looked quite comical. Yes, we are rookies.
eating some snacks.... haha.
Anyways, Ray was there to pick us up at the airport. And boy were we glad to see him.
And I just have to mention that I have the best husband. Ever.
He drove us home from Idaho Falls and I walked into a clean house (we're talking floors vacuumed, dishes done, bed made, all that fun stuff) with dinner in the oven.
Are you kidding me? How did I get so lucky! Love that guy!
We sat down and ate dinner, watched the superbowl, I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies and it was perfect. Love my life!

sweet! Husbands are the best. I'm sorry about the plane ride. I am NOT looking forward to doing that on my own. eeek.
ReplyDelete